Recipe of the Month September 2020
Life’s Kitchen Parmesan Shortbreads
We have been serving these tasty appetisers at receptions for many years and they always receive rave reviews.
So, for those of you that have been missing them why not give them a try!
- 255g Plain Flour
- 255g Grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp White pepper
- ½ tsp Cayenne
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g butter
- 1 Egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan
- Mix the flour, parmesan, salt, pepper and cayenne together then add the cold butter (Grated)
- Mix in a mixer with the paddle attachment until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and mix again until it comes together then wrap in cling film in a cylinder shape with about a 4cm diameter.
- Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Take out and cut into shapes discs about 1/2cm thick.
- Cook on 180c about 10 mins or until golden.