Recipe of the Month - May 2019
Healthy Warm Chicken and Quinoa Salad
Something light if You’re looking to get in shape for summer
- 2 x boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat (Can use turkey)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 x red onion diced
- 1 x Avocado small diced
- 3 x tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 x teaspoons Dijon or grain mustard
- 1 x Packet of cooked quinoa
- 1 x carrot grated
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 12 x Good quality olives sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 1 x small packet of rocket salad
Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a medium saucepan and add lightly salted water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle (10 to 15 minutes). Once cooked remove from water and allow to rest for five minutes then, use 2 forks to shred into bite-size pieces.
Whisk lemon and mustard in a small bowl and season to make a dressing,
Place the quinoa, rocket, avocado, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot and onions into a bowl and pour over the dressing, and mix.
Divide the mixed salad between 2 bowls, Top with the warm chicken. Enjoy!