Recipe of the Month – May 2018
Hot Smoked Salmon Salad
Something light if you’re looking to get in shape for summer
Provided by Emlyn Sexon, Life’s Kitchen Company Head Chef
- 250g new potatoes halved
- 200 grams of Broccoli
- One bag of mixed salad leaves, (to include watercress)
- Bunch of mint and parsley chopped
- 100g Radish thinly sliced
- 4 x Hot smoked salmon steaks, skin and brown meat removed
- ½ a small red onion sliced
- 100g Soya beans
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 85 ml olive oil
- 1 x tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 x red chilli
Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 mins or until tender, adding the broccoli for the final two minutes of cooking. Drain and allow to cool.
Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients. then season to taste.
In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, broccoli, soya beans, salad leaves, herbs and radishes. Add two-thirds of the dressing, thoroughly mix through the salad, then spread the salad over a large platter.
Break the hot-smoked salmon into large chunks, then scatter over the top along with the sliced red onion. Finish by pouring remaining dressing over the top. Enjoy!